Tuesday, October 26, 2010

class of 2010

I've been working at my current place of employment for almost 5 years now. It's funny how some things never change and yet there are things that are ever changing. Today the year 12's had their final assembly. There is a long standing tradition at CC that the year 12's run a final assembly in front of the whole school to celebrate their time at CC. It usually starts with a devotion, a speech from the head of senior school and principal and then subject awards. Then the fun begins, skits about teachers, songs and memories they have of school. I can't help but get nostalgic at this time of year as we farewell the graduating class. I think back to when I finished school...almost 10 years ago. I was only thinking on the bus on the way home how much time I have spent in school. I finished school, went to uni (and did a degree that didn't necessarily mean I would work in a school) and now I have been working in a school. And I was also thinking about how someone said to me that high school is the best years of your life, I don't think I would agree with that because the years since school have been great too!

It was a happy celebration day, but also a bit sad, because I am rather fond of those young men and woman. It has been a privilege and a joy to see them grow into the young men and woman they are and are becoming. Congratulations class of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply