Friday, December 10, 2010

Before I tell you about Amsterdam...let me first tell you about Paris!

So...that other post never came...no free wifi at our little Brugges retreat! But here are some stories and quite a few photos of Paris! We stayed out near Disneyland for 3 nights then headed into the city and stayed in the suburb of Bastille which used to be a fortress prison but in 1789 on July 14th the storming of Bastille happened...and now a huge big podium stands in the middle of the area! It was snowing quite heavily when we arrived which turned to rain but we made it to Notre Dame church that afternoon to have a look.
 It was breathtaking, lots of people though, but a beautiful choir was singing while we were there, and unlike St Paul's you ARE allowed to take photos inside...so I took a couple!
 We enjoyed some much needed veggies!
We ventured out the next day to the Eiffel tower. It was amazing! I was afraid it would be a let down to see in real life...but it's not! We walked there from our place we were staying...which was about 5 or so kms nice walk and it didn't rain! But when we got there all these people were just going for their jog! ha past the Eiffel tower! Imagine if you had the Eiffel tower on your jogging route!
 We took an elevator to the top...it was really rather breathtaking the view...but really freaking cold! :)
 And just in case you wanted to know how far Sydney was from the Eiffel tower...Canberra also got a mention...but not Adelaide! ;(
 Then we footed it over to the Arc de Triomphe.
And the Sacre Coeur...and finally Moulin Rouge
 The next day we went to the Louvre where we saw lots of BIG things! 

 This was possibly one of my favourites...there is so much to see there...it's insane! We picked a good day in terms of the weather...it was pretty crappy outside, but it was so busy inside and so many excursions happening! We enjoyed Paris but it's definitely not been our favourite so far...and I left my phone there...whoops
I'll get to Belgium and the delicious chocolates tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it wasn't a let down for you! My walking track isn't nearly as exciting as going past the eiffel tower - but I make do!

    Sad for you losing your phone but not much since you were in paris to lose it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply