Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's time to go inside

Dear God, Let us prepare for winter. The sun has turned away from us and the nest of summer hangs broken in the tree. Life slips through our fingers and as darkness gathers, our hands grow cold. It is time to go inside. It is time for reflection and resonance. It is time for contemplation. Let us go inside. Amen

ps I found this picture and prayer in Leunig's book "When I talk to you" while a was preparing a deviotional thought for our school newsletter, I thought I would share it here too. He is a very clever man!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are preparing - does it get cold, or just wet, or both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - so I have this book on my desk right this minute and have been reading it the last few days - i pulled it out last thursday to prepare for a staff devotion at school! Same! x

    I love the hair prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the hair prayer too! it makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply