Monday, May 16, 2011

cushion cover angst and inspiration

 ...so I joined in a swap late in April and I have been dilly dallying around with getting on to it...but today I was finally able to get behind the sewing machine and finish her off, cause it needs to be sent by next Monday! The only problem is now I have performance angst. I went and had a look at what some of the other swappers have come up with...and mine seems a bit...plain and simple...not that plain and simple are bad, but I feel like maybe I should have put a bit more thought into it...but then when I thought about it...I did...I went and did a bit of snooping around at my swappers blog/website and she said she liked owls and blue...so I chose some material that was in that category...the birds aren't quite owls but they are pretty darn cute
I would still consider myself to be on my L's when it comes to sewing, so maybe plain and simple is best...
OH man! I hope she likes it!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, you aren't the only with performance anxiety, lol. I have been staring at my cushion all day long hoping that is it good enough, that the stitches are okay, will my receipent like it...

    Your cushion looks fab. As you said you stalked out there blog and choose fabrics based on that! So I think you defiantly headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're all feeling a bit wobbly!!! I think yours is awesome . Also LOVE your wedding pic on your profile that rocks. Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I've got several cushion covers with a big block of feature print framed asymmetrically with black, just like this. They were the first covers I ever made and now I make and sell much more complex covers - who knows where you'll end up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colours on this one! Would definately fit in at our place!! Its nerve wracking this swap business isn't it??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great!! I think there is quite a bit of swap angst floating around at the moment but it's all good. I'm sure your cushion will be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great Lauren...it's a little intimadating making for someone you don't know..I have trawled my recipients blog to find some inspiration for my cover too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabrics and it's simplicity, very nice work! It's always a bit iffy to make something for someone you don't know but, It's also a lot of fun. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for plain and simple! Those birds are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you've done a lovely job, it's lovely fabric... and you KNOW birds make everything better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely. And it's got a story. And that makes it even more special. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Well done - I have performance anxiety about my cushion today! I posted it the other day so am just waiting for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your birdies are lovely... as is your cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your cushion is wonderful!! you did do your snooping so your swap partner will definitely love it.
    as long as you enjoyed the swap, I was so nervous aswell because my sewing is nowhwere near perfect.

    hope you have a fabulous weekend Lauren ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. She loves it! Thanks so much for the blue and the owls and for sending me a pillow case.
    Good luck with everything, I'll be visiting back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply