Saturday, March 31, 2012

for unexpected crochet

 Tim is in the final weeks of his 9 month placement for his study. He's enjoyed it for the most part and has gotten on like a house on fire with his supervisor also know as his vicar father. He's had to do quite a few visits and seeing the church he's doing his placement at is connected to a retirement village they have been mostly to elderly people. The community is lovely and have welcomed us with open arms. 
A couple of weeks ago Tim went and visited a couple and the lady was crocheting a blanket when he was there. He told Margaret (said lady) that I was learning and really liked it. She was pretty pleased to hear a "young person" liked to crochet :) Anyway the next week at church she came up to me and said I've been working on this blanket and I'm almost finished would you like it? AHHH YES!!! :) So we picked it up and it is beautiful! She has done such a wonderful job, it's beautiful and thick and I can not wait to snuggle on the couch with it over my legs! (which apparently won't be for a while since Adelaide is having a bit of a surge in warmer weather!)
So I'm great for Margaret this week, her amazing crochet skills and her generosity to me!
check out more gratefuls over here!

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous gift!!
    I keep telling people I'm going to learn to crochet...must do it SOON!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply