Thursday, January 28, 2010

moving on?

From 2003 to 2008 I attended the Big Day Out. In 2007 I was greedy and went to two! I loved them! Mum and Dad would buy me my ticket for Christmas and it was sweet. I remember the first year I went we travelled from Bundaberg to the Gold Coast, which in a bus (which we did) took over 5 hours. It was the best day! I remember seeing Milliencolin, Deftones, WAIKIKI, and the highlight being Foo Fighters. It was a memorable day and we got into Bundaberg at 5am the following day. Needless to say I didn't go to work that day. I remember my feet and legs being so sore and achy but it was the best feeling! I've been able to see bands I'd hung out to see, Foo Fighters, Tool, Queens of the stone age, The Music, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Rage against the machine and many many more!

I've waited in line to enter the D barrier, waited in toilet lines and gotten really sun burnt all in the name of music. I always left with sore feet, a sore throat but being totally satisfied at seeing bands I really liked.

In the past couple of years the line up just haven't sparked my attention. When I didn't go last year I regretted it a bit...and now that the Adelaide Big Day Out is tomorrow I feel a bit sad, like it is an end of an era for me. NO i refuse to say I am getting old! I claim my taste in music has changed...or maybe it hasn't... the Big Day Outs has!

Anyway to anyone going tomorrow have a rad day and enjoy the cooler weather! All I have to say bring on Soundwave! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply