Saturday, December 05, 2009

my place or yours? where you hang your hat.

This weeks theme queen is Tania at Myrtle and Eunice...this is what she has to say
What are the treasures in your house that signify ‘home’? Is there anything that reminds you of a childhood, a life overseas, a loved one? Is there a blanket you always curl under, a teapot that brews the perfect cuppa? Do you have a ‘Droopy Dog’ like that one above – a twelfth birthday present who fits perfectly in the crook of a sleeping kid’s arm and who may or may not have ventured to Europe in a backpack, ahem, three times?

I have moved... 9 times in my life, 7 have been in the last 8 years! The last time I moved was in with Tim when we got married and it was hard to get all of our (or maybe just all of mine) things in one unit...some things ended up in the shed and some at the op shop. But here are some of the things that make me feel like I am at home.
Whenever I am some place new, photo of preciouss people...usually ones that are far away are put up for me to see and enjoy! This little creature my sister Courtney made for me when she was in...year 1 or 2. She gave it to me and he sits on my desk now...it nearly went out in the discard pile this move. BUT I just couldn't do it. He's so cute and Courty was so little when she made him with her own two little hands!

I've had this money box as long as I remember! It's not so much just the money box itself but it's the memories behind it. Days of being a kid in Perth. It's so ugly that it's beautiful...if that even makes sense! And I just can't bring myself to get rid of it!
Hope you enjoy this week, check out www.meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com for more people playing along!
xx

6 comments:

  1. I love your precious treasures Lauren...they are beautiful. And one day, down the track...your little daughter or son may just love to have that money box...and when you are old...all those gorgeous photos will bring happy tears to your eyes. Love it!!! Don't throw away your treasures. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ugly it's cute always wins me over too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how things grow on you and you can't bear to part with them..mushy memories do that to ya every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I come over all cut throat and try going a slightly more minimalist route, I regret it. So I'm not very good at throwing anything out now (yikes!). Hold on to the critter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never ever throw anything out!!! You will regret it I'm sure, I know I have in the past. I have a blue pig money box from when I was little. Keeper of memories now not money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, totally beautiful post! Yep photo's are the absolute best ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply