Thursday, August 25, 2011

getting crafty

 A few weeks ago...or months I can't remember, I sent a friend an email. I didn't hear back from her for a while, a week or so which was odd, she's usually pretty quick to email back. I thought she's busy, no biggy! But when she emailed back she told me she had been trying to get off the computer a bit and do some crafty projects.
It got me thinking. I had been feeling like the creativity was getting sucked out of me. I was reading wonderful blogs about other people being crafty but not getting anything done myself. It all seemed too hard. To hard to get the sewing machine out, or too hard to learn a new stitch. I needed a dose of could be bothered.
I decided I needed to pull my finger out...so I did. I think it was Daria who helped me. I was chain watching the series on DVD and knitting squares for a blanket that might get finished in the winter of 2030....maybe... and I got the urge to get with it and cut the time I was on the computer a bit and do some crafty activities.
 and I am really enjoying it! I mean I sit at a computer/at a desk more than I'd like to at work and my back gets sore and then I come home and just get on the computer again...don't even get me started on how this negatively impacts on relationships especially between man and woman. Perhaps it's winter who knows
So here are the things I've been working on. I've found a new groove on my Mondays (day off) to make an effort to not be on the computer so much. But don't worry I'll still be checking out all your lovely blogs but I'll be getting crafty too. It's good for the soul! 

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to find the right balance isn't it Lauren...glad you've found your crafty mojo, love the pear :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how wonderful. Go you!. Mondays craft day. I love it. I am soooooo close to finishing my studies, and my crafting list is hugeness and I am sooooooo excited it is. I so look forward to seeing what you make, I love your little pear, I do think I need my own pear. Happy crafting to you, and ditto on the less computer - more crafting mojo.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply