Wednesday, October 03, 2012

beautiful magazines

Do you love reading magazines? I have become quite a fan over the last few years and with so many beautiful magazines out there to choose from my pocket money doesn't last long ;)
Currently I am a frequent reader of Frankie, Peppermint and Extra Curricular. I got a Peppermint subscription for Christmas and way back when Tim and I were first dating he bought me a Frankie subscription...and I love it so much I have to renew it every year! Extra Curricular is a quarterly magazine put together by some lovely New Zealand ladies.
Peppermint comes out quarterly and it is lovely to read. I think my favourite article is the snap shot of a town they do each issue. They look into where to eat, where to shop and where to visit. I can't help but dreaming of going to the places and checking out all the things they have suggested! Usually they are in different states but one can dream! 
My favourite article in Frankie is the "I love my shop". They feature shops from florists, to hot dog shops to vintage clothes stores! Again I always think if I happen to be in that town or city I must remember to visit that place. 
Extra Curricular always do a theme for each issue. This issue...which arrived in the post this morning is MUSIC! 
I tend to read my magazines like a book from start to finish and put a book mark of some sort where I am up to so I can come back to it later. 
I also really love Mollie Makes. It's a UK craft magazine and it is LOVELY! It comes out monthly and unfortunately I haven't been able to find a newagency here that stocks it...and it becomes a costly exercise ordering it every month. 
What Magazines do you enjoy reading and which ones can you recommend?
Now excuse me I have some reading to do ;)

5 comments:

  1. I do love magazines, but I've found my obsession with them has waned over the last couple of years, because I've realised how much space they take up. I'd much rather read them on line, then I can go to them when I want and they don't take up space in my home. Slowly, ever so slowly, but surely I am determined to overcome my hoarding habit, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply