Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The one about running 9kms

I ran 9kms this afternoon...and now I am in a world of pain.
It all started about 3 or so months ago when one of the PE teachers at school said hey let's put a team in the city to bay fun run....which is 12 kms. I saw the email and thought, gosh I've NEVER run 12 km's in my life, I don't think I could go the distance...so I said I'll give the 6km run a go!
I kept missing the training sessions because of lots of different things...and then I found out I'd been invited to a wedding the day before the run...in QLD...bit hard to get back. But about 6 or7 weeks ago I decided to do the training with the staff, hey you know get fit for the wedding. One of the other lady teachers and I were at about the same level and she became my buddy when we trained, the others were...well PE teachers and super fit so they started a bit faster! ha so we've increased from struggling with 4kms/20minutes to what we did today...and Em (my buddy) even went further, I have this nasty cough and so thought I shouldn't overdo it... I've got to say I'm pretty chuffed with myself, who knows how long it'll last but heck the love handles have decreased a bit and my netball shorts felt less tight last week! That's gotta be a good thing right :)

I wish I had a picture to go with this...but quite frankly you don't want to see me after I've run 9kms...it's sort of disturbing!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 9km's!! I don't think I could run half a kilometer with my current fitness level.

    E :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here after finishing a game of basketball, all red faced and before I'd read your update, I thought "imagine if people could see me... not a pretty sight" and then I read your blog and saw what you'd written about not showing us what you look like... I can just imagine, if you look anything like me!

    That's so great about running so far... I don't think I could do it and well done for keeping up with the training, even though you don't have the goal of the city to bay anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply