Monday, August 23, 2010

Have you ever thought about going without furniture for 40 hours?

So the school I work at is pretty heavily involved with world vision and the 40 hour famine. When I started there about 4 and a half years ago I had done the famine a few times but it was really exciting to see young people get behind a good cause! In the past couple of years I have been the "adult" "overseeing things" helping sign students up, organising BBQ's and cake stalls...when really the students are awesome and I'm there to cheer them on!
This year I thought I wouldn't give up food for 40 hours but furniture. Going without food tends to make me go a bit batty and feel unwell so furniture is was. It was a pretty uncomfortable 40 hours, our floor in our apartment resembles concrete with some old carpet over it...and I did have to find a place on the carpet when we went to church yesterday. It was a good experience and I was VERY thankful to climb into my bed last night and sit on the couch last night! It's a good way to remind myself that I am very blessed and to not take it for granted. 
Have you ever done the 40 hour famine? or considered it?

1 comment:

  1. wow, good for you!
    i have never done the famine- thought about it- but like you i think i'd get a little batty! i tend to be a bit hypoglycemic... so i'm going to keep the food around!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply