Tuesday, March 03, 2009

getting stuff off your chest


Good day to you all.
I've been a bit overwhelmed lately. my life is busy and i am reminded of it constantly.
A few weeks ago I was at a retreat day and a co worker made a comment on how busy the people around him are, and that perhaps if the busy people realised this and took some time to focus on God and their relationship with him, that the world wouldn't stop turning, if they in fact stopped their busyness!
for the next 5 days or so it kept coming up, being busy and not taking time out to rest and relax. I've often had a problem resting and reflecting and basking in God's care. But it has been on my heart for the last few weeks or so and the past week has been a bit up and down.

But today it climaxed a bit and i spoke to another co worker and he was good about it. i got some things off my chest and it does feel better after you've had a cry and spoken to someone you trust in your workplace about these things. and i have learnt...and i think it is a life long lesson i will be learning that i do need to be quiet sometimes and sometimes i need to be alone and not hanging out with people, and sometimes i need to turn the TV off, the radio, the light and lay and spend some quality time with my heavenly father.

so if anyone is reading this and is feeling busy and overwhelmed spend some time with God, in his arms in the quiet.

there are some other exciting things that are happening! the fringe is in town and i have seen a couple of things so far, eaten corn in the garden of unearthly delights and seen acrobatic kids in a circus!

and things are coming along with our wedding! i haven't gotten a heap of things done I'm helping with a camp but my darling friends are helping me out with invites and bunting and fun things so i am VERY excited!
Tim and I have almost been going out for 2 years and the photo above was taken when we had only been going out for a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Did I take that photo? XX you guys look cute together.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply