Monday, July 29, 2013

this weekend

When we found out we were moving to Whyalla, I knew I'd be away from old friends and would have to make some new ones...no biggie I've done it before. I was looking forward to hooking into some groups with small children and getting to know the people in our community. Then things turned topsy turvy and those ideas were put aside. I didn't have the energy to go out of my way to forge new relationships, especially people with small children.
Before we moved here I met Lisa...It's a bit of a random tale how Lisa and I came to know each other...it was through the blogging community but it turns out we have a 6 degrees of separation thing going on (which isn't unusual for SA)
It turns out we are in towns an hour away from each other. We caught up earlier in the year and then we finally got to hang out again on Saturday. Lisa drove over to my place and we sat, drank tea and chatted. And then we chatted some more and went to Spotlight and the lovely second hand store owned by the lovely Irish lady. 
She's a quality girl and it's nice to have a new friend (relatively) close by :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks lauren. I am so glad you moved to whyalla and look forward to many more catchups xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply