Saturday, September 14, 2013

bind up

Psalm 147:3
This verse is something special for me. 
It came up out of the blue about 5 years ago. A child hood friend -Kenny was killed in very tragic circumstances. He was stopped by the side of the road one night to change a flat tyre. He was hit by a car and killed. I heard about it somehow and wanted to send his Mum a card. Kenny's Mum and his brothers had lived across from us in our culdesac when we were kids. There were 4 boys in his family and 4 girls in ours. We used to play after school, their driveway was really steep and we used to ride our bikes down it...or just run down it and yell like lunatics! We had a lot of fun. I had a bit of a crush on Kenny. I thought he was a bit of a dream boat...I was about 8 and I think he was 10. He was always very kind to me and I had a lot of fun memories of playing outside, climbing trees...before play stations and before our family owned a computer. 
This verse jumped out to me when I was writing to Kenny's Mum all those years ago. I can't even remember what I wrote and I definitely didn't know what I know now. I hope it was a help to her and not too clumsy. I hope she feels like her wounds were bound as she grieved for her son, I haven't seen her since Kenny's accident.

It then came up again recently. My sister wrote me a lovely card with this verse in it. Tim and I have often talked about having a wound that is so deep and raw. Being a few more months along in our grief journey it is a comfort now...It came at the right time. Earlier on I think I may have been a bit mad at reading it. But looking back I can see how my wounds were bound and how they continue to be bound. 
And then of course it came up on the Pocket fuel Instagram one day a couple of weeks ago and I felt like it was for me!

As a side note We've had a few very hectic weeks. We've spent some time away from home. One week in Adelaide for Tim to attend a conference. And then a quick trip up to QLD for Tim to officiate at a friends wedding. He did such a good job. I was so proud of him. We met our nephew and hung out with our nieces...I also got offered a job...but I'll talk about that another time!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply